8 September 2013
After 11 chapters of theoretical, foundational theology, Paul now turns to practical application. He highlights the transformational aspects that ought to be manifest in our lives as believers; in our love for one another which we ought to be constantly working on. Of course, Paul makes the assumption that his audience members are living surrendered lives as per 12:1. So now he presents the following points on HOW TO LOVE SINCERELY.
1. Don't be an inattentive slacker (vs11a).
2. Burn out for God (vs11b)
3. Serving who? The Lord (vs11c)
4. Rejoice in the hope of God's promises (vs12a)
5. When the going gets tough -- persevere (vs12b)
6. Be devoted to prayer (vs12c)
7. Share with those in need (vs13a)
8. Pursue loving hospitality (vs13c)